We can help
Women's Aid in Crisis, Inc. (WAIC), was established in 1979 as a private, non-profit corporation to provide comprehensive services to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking, in a six county area. The executive offices and shelter are located in Randolph County, with outreach services provided in Upshur, Barbour, Tucker, Webster and Braxton counties.
Women's Aid In Crisis is a member of the West Virginia Coalition Against Domestic Violence, one of 14 licensed domestic violence programs in West Virginia.
Women's Aid In Crisis is also a member of the West Virginia Foundation for Rape Information and Services (FRIS) and one of nine such centers throughout the state providing services to victims of sexual assault.
Services are available to all regardless of race, sex, color, religion, disability, economic status, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Advocacy services to adult and child victims of domestic and sexual violence and stalking
- Emergency shelter
- 24 hour crisis hotline
- Outreach services
- Individual and group counseling and support services for adult victims, teens, and young children
- Legal services, including pro bono attorney services for domestic violence petitions, custody, and divorce
- Prevention education programs within the schools and community organizations
- Awareness activities
- Information and Referral
- Training presentations to schools, community and civic organizations
- Life skills & parenting
- Assistance with medical needs
- Emergency transportation
- Relocation services
- Transitional housing *There is a fee associated with this service*
Donate to Women's Aid in Crisis today
Note: Due to ineligibility or funding issues, not all services are available in every case
ALL SERVICES ARE CONFIDENTIAL AND ARE PROVIDED FREE OF CHARGE